Blushing Bride Flowering Cherry Trees
The Blushing Bride Flowering Cherry Tree is one of the loveliest of all the cherries. A graceful spreading tree with delicate pink buds. These open to large semi-double white flowers which hang in clusters in summer.
|Approx height when sent||
1.25 – 1.5 metres
|Ultimate height and spread||
3 metres x 3 metres
|When to plant||
A deciduous round topped tree grown mainly for its beautiful flowers and glowing autumn colour of red and orange. Cherries are fully hardy and need full sunshine. They will grow in all but waterlogged soil.
A low maintenance tree, cherries need very little pruning, mainly to cut out any diseased or dead wood. Prune in mid-summer if silver leaf is a problem. They do benefit from a good weed, mulch and compost in spring. A small tree and suitable for most gardens.
• Common Name: Blushing Bride
• Latin Name: Prunus Shogetsu’
• Soil: Tolerates most soil types – Loam, Sand, Clay, Chalk. Acid, Neutral, Alkaline
• Habit: Spreading/branching
• Position: Full sun
• Flowering period April / May
• Colour: Pink tinted to White
• Hardiness: Fully hardy
• Eventual Height/Spread: 4.5m/4.5m 15/15ft
• Special features: Deciduous compact growing, rounded tree ideal for small gardens. Large clusters of semi double flowers.
Symbolism: The Cherry tree has long been used to attract love. A feminine tree, its planet is Venus and its Power is Love.