Great White Flowering Cherry Trees
£55.00 – £75.00
The Great White Flowering Cherry Tree is a sight to take your breath away. Very large exquisite single white flowers in late spring against copper coloured young leaves which turn green in summer.
Likes sun and most soils. A tree suitable for medium to large gardens.
|Ultimate height and spread||
4 metres x 3 metres
|When to plant||
A vigorous spreading tree with delicate buds borne in mid-spring into large semi-double pure white flowers which hang in clusters in summer. The young leaves are bronze-red maturing to dark green A spectacular display of orange and red foliage in autumn. Fully hardy, cherries like sun and most soils.
Cherries are deciduous and grown mainly for their beautiful flowers and glowing autumn colours of red and orange. Fully hardy, they need full sunshine to thrive and will grow in all but waterlogged soil. A low maintenance tree, cherries need very little pruning, mainly to cut out any diseased or dead wood. Prune in mid-summer if silver leaf is a problem. They do benefit from a good weed, mulch and compost in spring. A medium sized reaching 20 to 25 feet / 7 to 8 metres with a similar spread making it suitable for all but small gardens. Blossom benefits the bees in spring.
• Common Name: Great White Cherry
• Latin Name: Prunus Tai-Haku
• Soil: Tolerates most soil types – Loam, Sand, Clay, Chalk. Acid, Neutral, Alkaline
• Habit: Spreading/branching
• Position: Full sun
• Flowering period April / May
• Colour: White
• Hardiness: Fully hardy
• Eventual Height/Spread: 7-8 metres / 20-25ft Ultimate spread 7-8 metres / 20-25ft
• Special features: Deciduous tree ideal for most gardens. Large clusters of semi double flowers.
The Cherry tree has long been used to attract love. A feminine tree, its planet is Venus and its Power is Love.